Wednesday, September 7, 2011

that special boy

When I started my practical course in SMKHK, we were briefed by the head of language department Pn Fauziah. She told us a few details about which class she intends to give us and who is assigned under whom and what’s not. Apparently she chose me. So I got 2 classes; 4 Science 2 and 2 Ikhlas. And she gave me a heads up, there’s a boy with Asperger syndrome in 2 Ikhlas. He’s bright though. And so I was no different than a swimming duck; looks calm cruising on the lake surface but paddles like mad underneath. Pn Fauziah highlighted me only one thing about Akhil Datta s/o Cumaravadivale. And it was ‘Akhil asks A LOT of questions. Attend him but make sure you’re not carried away’. And so I think I can manage that. One of the first few questions he threw at me was as follows

The first time I entered his class for English
A: Eyh, who are you?
Miss I: I’m Miss Irrina. I’ll be teaching you English starting today until the end of September.
A: Where’s Pn Fauziah? Is she alive? Did she pindah to another school?
Miss I: Well, Akhil, she is alive and she’s around. I’m taking over her class for 3 months only. Then she’ll be teaching you again okay?
A: How did you know my name? Are you a psychic?
Miss I: Akhil, you have your nametag on.
A: *chuckles and blushes*

To my surprise, this boy is beyond asking little too many questions. He’ll remember everything(almost) about you after just three meetings. This one day, I was rushing to school hence I forgot my watch.
A: Miss Irrina, what happened to your black round-faced watch?
Miss I: Hurrmmmm...I left it in my car. Why? Do you like my watch?
A: No, I don’t like your watch. I asked because it’s not on your wrist. Miss Irrina, why did you leave your watch in the car?
Miss I: Akhil, can you stop asking questions?
Akhil: Okay *straight face*

And he never fails to wave at me everytime I leave school in the afternoon. He won’t stop waving until I wave back at him.

I’ll stop here for now. I’ll share about Akhil in future posts. Good day people!

akhil on the field during sports day.

No comments:

Post a Comment